The turkey is in the oven with a glaze of butter and Southern Comfort. The cranberry sauce made with orange and Cabernet Sauvignon (Van Roekel Winery, Temecula, California) is cooling. The giblets are simmering for broth. Jamie is going to make her wonderful mashed potatoes along with sausage and oyster dressing. It’s going to be a great day.
November 28, 2013
This entry was posted on Thursday, November 28th, 2013 at 9:07 am and tagged with Cabernet Sauvignon, Temecula, Thanksgiving and posted in food, life, wine. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
thoughts on wine, food and life
me…Richard Tackett (aka zenpilgrim) - I am a father, a husband, a lay person, a monk, a priest. I cook and wash dishes, I'm an artist, a seeker, and pilgrim...with a passion for wine and food.
- RT @AZ_Magazine: ICYMI, @AliaRau explains 20 new laws Arizonans should know about azc.cc/1yxiV9Y via @azcentral http://t.co/v6fTDMG… 7 hours ago
- Buddha for waiting in doctors reception area. http://t.co/kDUUYga4fX 13 hours ago
- Missing ComicCon in San Diego this week but it will be hosted there through 2018 - I do plan on making it to one of them. 18 hours ago
- RT @BV: If the rich world wants fewer refugees, it must do more to help. bloombergview.com/articles/2015-… 18 hours ago
- RT @windowscentral: Microsoft reportedly finalizing Windows 10 RTM later this week phon.es/1c01f http://t.co/1q7Jm3YFCr 18 hours ago