The turkey is in the oven with a glaze of butter and Southern Comfort. The cranberry sauce made with orange and Cabernet Sauvignon (Van Roekel Winery, Temecula, California) is cooling. The giblets are simmering for broth. Jamie is going to make her wonderful mashed potatoes along with sausage and oyster dressing. It’s going to be a great day.
November 28, 2013
This entry was posted on Thursday, November 28th, 2013 at 9:07 am and tagged with Cabernet Sauvignon, Temecula, Thanksgiving and posted in food, life, wine. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
thoughts on wine, food and life
me…Richard Tackett (aka zenpilgrim) - I am a father, a husband, a lay person, a monk, a priest. I cook and wash dishes, I'm an artist, a seeker, and pilgrim...with a passion for wine and food.
- I checked in at Westwood Tavern on #Yelp yelp.com/biz/westwood-t… 1 day ago
- I checked in at Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurants on #Yelp yelp.com/biz/coopers-ha… 2 days ago
- I checked in at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport on #Yelp yelp.com/biz/phoenix-sk… 3 days ago
- Merlot ice cream, anyone? Dessert wine is redefined | Pacific NW | The Seattle Times seattletimes.com/html/pacificnw… 4 days ago
- I checked in at Claim Jumper on #Yelp yelp.com/biz/claim-jump… 5 days ago