The turkey is in the oven with a glaze of butter and Southern Comfort. The cranberry sauce made with orange and Cabernet Sauvignon (Van Roekel Winery, Temecula, California) is cooling. The giblets are simmering for broth. Jamie is going to make her wonderful mashed potatoes along with sausage and oyster dressing. It’s going to be a great day.
November 28, 2013
This entry was posted on Thursday, November 28th, 2013 at 9:07 am and tagged with Cabernet Sauvignon, Temecula, Thanksgiving and posted in food, life, wine. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
thoughts on wine, food and life
me…Richard Tackett (aka zenpilgrim) - I am a father, a husband, a lay person, a monk, a priest. I cook and wash dishes, I'm an artist, a seeker, and pilgrim...with a passion for wine and food.
- Note sure I am ready for canned wine but love the ads: Wine in a can ads poke fun at drinks snobs thedrinksbusiness.com/dbtv/wine-in-a… 11 hours ago
- Top 10 wine faux pas thedrinksbusiness.com/2014/11/top-10… 11 hours ago
- TGI Friday’s sued over drinks menu thedrinksbusiness.com/2014/11/tgi-fr… 11 hours ago
- Stuffing Waffles, Stuff-Puppies, and Stuffin's: Three Ways to Bake Your Stuffing Better seriouseats.com/2014/11/stuffi… 11 hours ago
- Thanksgiving Wine Made Easy: A Sommelier's Advice seriouseats.com/2014/11/thanks… 11 hours ago